Top 10 things – not to Fix when selling your house in Canada.
1. Don’t assume any repairs or improvements will increase your home’s value.
2. Don’t assume that all repairs are necessary or that they will increase the value of your home.
3. Don’t start major renovations before you list your home for sale.
4. Don’t waste money on unnecessary upgrades and repairs.
5. Don’t be tempted to lower your asking price to make up for necessary repairs.
6. Don’t assume that any repair or improvement you make will pay for itself.
7. Don’t ignore necessary repairs or updates that are needed.
8. Don’t forget to consider the cost of any repairs or updates you make.
9. Don’t ignore safety issues that need to be addressed.
10. Don’t underestimate the importance of a home inspection.